Skip to main content
Edit PageStyle GuideControl Panel
Slip, Engobe, Underglaze

Slip, Engobe, Underglaze

Liquid clay, usually with colors added, with varying shrinkage rates, used for decoration. Since slips, engobes, and underglazes do not melt and flow like glaze, detailed decorations are possible.

Back to Glossary

Ask an Expert

We're here to help

Please give us a shout if you have any questions, feedback, or comments.

Ask Us

Events OV-Ask an expert-4b)